NATURAL GAS PIPELINE SAFETY ACT
This report is a summary of DOT activity associated with the administration of the Natural Gas Pipeline Safety Act of 1968 for calendar year 1977. The report includes the year's highlights, and detailed coverage of gas pipeline failures and casualties, regulatory activity, compliance activity, federal/state cooperation and the grant-in-aid program, research and pipeline safety studies, dissemination of pipeline safety information, cooperation with other federal agencies, a summary of outstanding problems, a listing of waivers granted under the act, recommendations for additional legislation, and a report of activity related to the Alaska pipelines.
- See also PB-272 488.
Department of TransportationMaterials Transportation Bureau, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 96 p.
- TRT Terms: Casualties; Crashes; Federal government; Natural gas; Pipeline transportation; Policy; Regulations; Safety engineering; State government
- Old TRIS Terms: Government policies
- Subject Areas: Law; Pipelines; Policy; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00197411
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT/RSPA/MTB-79/1
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 31 2002 12:00AM