DEVELOPMENT OF CRITERIA FOR MONITORING OF AIRPORT GROUND POLLUTION. VOLUME II. DATA VALIDATION PROCEDURES
Criteria are developed by which the validity of pollution predictions and measurements in the airport environs can be judged. The criteria are applied to three technologies: (1) predictive mathematical models, (2) measurements by point samplers, and (3) measurements by remote monitors. For mathematical models the criterion is the agreement between predicted and measured pollution levels. Various mathematical models are described, analyzed and ranked by weighted attributes as screening models and as validation models. For point samplers, the criteria have been developed based on EPA-approved measurement principles and procedures for testing performance characteristics and for determining a consistent relationship to reference methods. Remote monitors belong to an evolving technology that has not yet been approved as to measurement principles. Thus criteria are developed to select certain remote sensing systems as potential candidates for air enforcement monitors. Data validation procedures are developed for the selected remote monitors.
- See also Volume 1, AD-A067 242.
Science Applications, Incorporated1200 Prospect Street, P.O. Box 1393
La Jolla, CA United States 92037
Washington, DC United States
- Ludwig, C B
- Yoder, J R
- Publication Date: 1978-11
- Pagination: 337 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Air quality; Air quality management; Airports; Carbon monoxide; Mathematical models; Mathematical prediction; Measurement; Monitoring; Nitric oxide; Nitrogen oxides; Ozone; Pollution; Remote sensing; Samplers; Sampling; Standards; Sulfur oxides
- Uncontrolled Terms: Criteria
- Old TRIS Terms: Air pollution detection
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Data and Information Technology; Environment; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00197403
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FAA/RD-77-178-2 Final Rpt., SAI-77-910-LJ-VOL-2
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FA76WA-3725
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 31 1979 12:00AM