THE DEVELOPMENT OF MEASURES OF SERVICE AVAILABILITY. VOLUME III: APPLICATION GUIDELINE MANUAL
The document presents guidelines for the establishment and control of service availability during the planning, procurement, and operational phases of an AGT system. It is intended to serve the following interests and functions: (1) System Buyer - To establish realistic level-of-service criteria, to evaluate supplier proposals, and to assess the impact of design changes during system design and construction; (2) System Supplier - To assess impact of equipment failure characteristics, to determine compliance with performance specification, and to assess the impact of reliability/maintainability enhancement; (3) System Operator - To establish performance monitoring information needs, to monitor system performance, to assess the effectiveness of failure management strategies.
- See also RRIS 11 197361; Bulletin 7902. Also available in set of 3 reports PC E08, PB-294 803-SET.
Battelle Columbus Laboratories505 King Avenue
Columbus, OH United States 43201
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
- Leis, R D
- Publication Date: 1978-6
- Pagination: 87 p.
- TRT Terms: Automated guideway transit; Control; Evaluation; Level of service; Maintainability; Passenger service; Railroad stations; Reliability; Routes; Specifications; Supply; Traffic delays; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Availability; Services
- Subject Areas: Passenger Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00197364
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-MA-06-0048-78-4Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-1283
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 31 1979 12:00AM