DISTINGUISHING BETWEEN RESISTANCE TO CRACK NUCLEATION AND RESISTANCE TO CRACK PROPAGATION
The purpose of the present work is to turn attention to the possible errors when evaluating the condition of crack nucleation and the condition of crack propagation stemming from the formal separation of impact ductility into components. Experimental data are obtained with samples of 37KhNZA steel.
- Edited translation of Fiziko-Khimicheskaya Mekhanika Materialov (USSR) V7 N4, pp 102-104, by C.T. Ostertag, Jr.
Wright-Patterson Air Force BaseForeign Technology Division
Dayton, OH USA
- Romaniv, O N
- Petrina, Yu D
- Publication Date: 1973-1-5
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Cracking; Fracture mechanics; Impact tests; Shock resistance
- Uncontrolled Terms: Crack propagation
- Old TRIS Terms: Crack formation
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials; Research;
- Accession Number: 00044621
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FTD-HT-23-1529-72
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 18 1973 12:00AM