SYSTEM SAFETY PROGRAM PLAN
The report contains a recommended System Safety Program Plan for the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) rail system. It contains a recommended policy statement, recommendations for specific actions to improve CTA system safety management practices and processes, and finally, recommendations for a process for up-dating and re-evaluating the Program Plan. The suggestions presented build upon substantial foundation established previously by the CTA in its current system safety efforts. The Plan is divided into four sections: (1) Safety Policy Statement; (2) Current CTA Safety Activities; (3) Recommendations to Strengthen Current CTA Safety Management Practices and Processes; and (4) Recommendations for Re-Evaluation and Modification of the System Safety Program. These recommendations are to a great extent tailored to the specific facilities, personnel, and philosophy of the organization of the CTA, and are not intended as a set of general guidelines for the rail transit industry.
- Prepared by Booz-Allen and Hamilton, Inc., Bethesda, MD. Transportation Consulting Div. See also PB-295 523.
Chicago Transit AuthorityMerchandise Mart Plaza, P.O. Box 3555
Chicago, IL USA 60654
Booz-Allen and Hamilton, IncorporatedTransportation Consulting Division, 4330 East-West Highway
Bethesda, MD USA 20814
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1978-8
- Pagination: 63 p.
- TRT Terms: Equipment; Maintainability; Management; Passengers; Policy; Quality assurance; Rapid transit; Reliability; Safety; Safety engineering; Systems engineering; Transportation operations; Transportation safety; Urban transportation; Vehicles
- Identifier Terms: Chicago Transit Authority
- Uncontrolled Terms: Passenger safety; Transportation management
- Geographic Terms: Illinois
- Old TRIS Terms: Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Passenger Transportation; Policy; Public Transportation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00197359
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-IL-09-0033-79-2
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UMTA-IL-09-0033
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 31 1981 12:00AM