DESIGN GUIDELINES FOR PARK-AND-RIDE FACILITIES
The report presents guidelines for designing bus park-and-ride facilities. Specifically, guidelines are developed for: (1) locating park-and-ride lots; (2) determining the desired size of a park-and-ride lot; (3) evaluating the capacity of selected design components of the lot (access/egress, kiss-and-ride, bus loading spaces, shelter area); and (4) establishing the physical layout of the parking area. The guidelines develped should be of greatest use to those individuals already familiar with typical parking lot design who are involved in the initial design of new park-and-ride facilities.
- Sponsored in part by Texas State Department of Highways and Public Transportation, Transportation Planning Division.
Arlington, TX USA 76011
Washington, DC USA 20590
Texas State Department of Highways & Public TranspP.O. Box 5051
Austin, TX USA 78763
- Christiansen, D L
- Rathbone, D
- Publication Date: 1978-9
- Pagination: 49 p.
- TRT Terms: Buses; Design; Fringe parking; Guidelines; Intermodal terminals; Layout; Location; Parking facilities; Planning; Public transit; Rapid transit; Size; Surveying; Surveying; Urban transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Rapid transit railways; Terminal facilities
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00197357
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-TX-78-205-3, TTI-2-10-74-205-3
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jul 31 1981 12:00AM