ALCOHOL SAFETY ACTION PROJECT, SECTION III, ANALYTICAL STUDY NO. 5/6, PRESENTENCE INVESTIGATION AND REHABILITATION
One major objective of the New Orleans Alcohol Safety Action Program (NOASAP) is to provide treatment programs fitted to the needs of persons convicted of drunken driving in order to prevent further abusive alcohol-driving behavior. There are two primary parts of this effort. NOASAP has provided a presentence investigation (PSI) unit to determine the extent of each individual's problem with alcohol and to assist the judge in deciding the correct disposition for each individual referred for PSI. The other part of this effort involves implementation of the court's decision (exemplified in the probation order) by cooperation with outside agencies and by supervision of each client's progress through the treatment plan by a probation officer.
- See also PB-294754. Prepared in cooperation with Data Industries, Incorporated.
New Orleans Alcohol Safety Action Project705 Lafayette
New Orleans, LA United States 70130
Data Industries, Incorporated3444 Olympic Drive
Metairie, LA United States 70003
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Duffy, J
- Hebert, C J
- Publication Date: 1977-6-30
- Pagination: 67 p.
- TRT Terms: Alcoholism; Driver rehabilitation; Drivers; Drug abuse; Drunk driving; Law enforcement; Mass communication; Prevention; Publicity; Safety; Traffic conviction; Traffic law enforcement
- Identifier Terms: Alcohol Safety Action Program
- Uncontrolled Terms: Convictions; Rehabilitation; Treatment
- Geographic Terms: Louisiana
- Old TRIS Terms: Asap (Alcohol safety action program)
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00197350
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-803-130 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-059-1-076
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 31 1979 12:00AM