ALTERNATIVE SCENARIOS FOR FEDERAL TRANSPORTATION POLICY: FREIGHT POLICY MODELS. VOLUME I. SUMMARY SECOND YEAR REPORT
The research evaluates the economic effects of existing and prospective federal policies governing intercity and international freight and passenger transportation enterprises in the economy of the United States. The analysis encompasses all modes of transportation, including rail, motor, air and intermodal coordinative institutions, and focuses upon the impact of alternative regulatory policies. However, other federal policies including subsidy, taxation, procurement, government ownership and investment, special programs for particular transportation industry problems and impacts of general national policies on transportation are included when relevant. Volume I examines freight policy models.
- See also Volume 2, PB-294592.
Massachusetts Institute of TechnologyCenter for Transportation Studies, Room 1121
Cambridge, MA United States 02139
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Friedlaender, A F
- SIMPSON, R
- Publication Date: 1978-12
- Pagination: 363 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Commercial transportation; Cost estimating; Demand; Deregulation; Economic analysis; Economic impacts; Estimates; Federal assistance programs; Federal government; Finance; Forecasting; Freight transportation; International trade; Investments; Legislation; Mathematical models; Mode S; Policy; Policy making; Procurement; Profits; Railroad transportation; Rates; Regulations; Statistical analysis; Subsidies; Taxes; Technology; Transportation; Transportation operations; Transportation policy; Urban areas; Water transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Federal programs; Models; Transportation models
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo transportation; Government policies; National transportation policies; Rates costs; Transportation administration
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Economics; Finance; Law; Policy; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00197335
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT/RSPA/DPB-50/7831Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-50239
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 31 1979 12:00AM