AUTOMATED MACHINERY CONTROL FOR THE FFG-7
The "Oliver Hazard Perry" class of guided missile frigates is equipped with a modern, digital and analogue control system using solid state electronics which provides automated controls for optimum performance and minimum operating personnel. The use of small digital computers with read-only memory for automated propulsion control, electric plant supervision, demand data and data logging, and the use of solid state logic elements have permitted the accumulation of hundreds of data and logic decision functions into relatively small areas. Examples are given.
- Proceedings Fifth Ship Control Systems Symposium, Annapolis, Maryland, October 30-November 3, 1978, Volume 1.
David Taylor Naval Ship R&D CenterBethesda, MD United States 20084
- Moss, D G
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 27 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic control; Automation; Control systems; Data logging; Machinery; Military vessels; Propulsion; Vehicle power plants
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic control systems; Data logging systems; Machinery automation; Propulsion machinery controls
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00197253
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 15 1979 12:00AM