SAFETY BELT USAGE: SURVEY OF CARS IN THE TRAFFIC POPULATION (NOVEMBER 1977-JUNE 1978)
The purpose of this study is to continue the on-going measurements of safety belt usage in passenger cars in the traffic population. Observations covered passenger cars of 1964 and later models stopping for lights at intersections in 19 metropolitan areas. Observers recorded type of safety belt installation, driver's usage of the safety belt, make and model of car, sex and estimated age of the driver, license number of the car, and descriptive information about the observation site.
- Sponsored by National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Washington, D.C.
Opinion Research CorporationNorth Harrison Street
Princeton, NJ United States 08540
- Publication Date: 1978-12
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 43 p.
- TRT Terms: Age; Automobiles; Drivers; Gender; License plates; Manual safety belts; Metropolitan areas; Passengers; Utilization
- Uncontrolled Terms: Driver age
- Subject Areas: Highways; Passenger Transportation; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Society;
- Accession Number: 00197244
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Safety Council Safety Research Info Serv
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 17 1979 12:00AM