PENNSYLVANIA STATEWIDE AIRPORT SYSTEM PLAN. SUMMARY REPORT
A study is reported which is designed to provide guidelines for the development of Pennsylvania's air transportation needs through the use of a systems planning approach. The study will determine the aviation facilities required to meet both existing and future air travel demands. The plan covers 3 future planning periods: short range from 1976-1980; intermediate range from 1981-1988; and long range from 1986-1995. The study comprised 4 phases: data collection; analysis and forecasts; plan development and evaluation; and plan implementation. This booklet describes the study organization, the traffic forecasts (including passenger enplanements, cargo originations, scheduled service and military aircraft operation, and general aviation registered aircraft and operations), the scheduled service airport system plan, and the general aviation system plan. A map of the scheduled service airports and a table of the recommended general aviation airport system is included.
Harrisburg, PA USA 17120
- Publication Date: 1978-1
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Airport planning; General aviation; States; Traffic estimation
- Geographic Terms: Pennsylvania
- Old TRIS Terms: State airport system plans; Traffic forecasts
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00197183
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Aug 28 1979 12:00AM