SYSTEM ANALYSIS OF AIRPORT DEMAND RESPONSIVE TRANSPORT (DRT)
This report details the study that was conducted of the operation of a service offering door-to-door transportation between Mirabel airport and customer-specified addresses in selected suburban zones in Montreal. The simulated demand responsive transport (DRT) service was requested on demand at the airport and through a booking service at suburban locations. The study investigated the potential demand for such a transportation service, the optimum fleet and vehicle size combination, the economic costs of the system, and the levels of service offered to customers.
Department of Transport, CanadaUrban Transportation Research Br., Tower C, Place de Ville
Ottawa, ONo K1A 0N5, Canada
- Publication Date: 1979-5
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 51 p.
- TRT Terms: Airport access; Demand; Demand responsive transportation; Level of service; Minibuses; Multiple regression analysis; Passenger service; Suburbs; Vans
- Identifier Terms: Mirabel International Airport
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Passenger Transportation; Public Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00197171
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: TP 953
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 28 1981 12:00AM