AN INVESTIGATION INTO THE COMBINED ISOTROPIC-KINEMATIC WORKHARDENING RULE
The Ziegler modification of the Prager kinematic workhardening rule has been shown to be a correct statement of consistency during plastic loading. Although the same modification has been used in conjunction with a combined isotropic-kinematic workhardening rule, it has not been established that this latter model renders an acceptable statement of consistency. This paper shows that the Ziegler modification used with the combined isotropic-kinematic workhardening rule not only satisfies the consistency condition, but is also computationally more efficient than a direct employment of the consistency condition.
Texas A&M University, College StationDepartment of Aerospace Engineering
College Station, TX USA 77843
Office of Naval ResearchDepartment of the Navy, 800 North Quincy Street
Arlington, VA USA 22217
- Allen, D H
- Publication Date: 1979-5-30
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Deformation curve; Elastoplasticity; Finite element method; Plastic deformation; Plasticity; Structural analysis; Work hardening
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00197161
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: 3275-79-2 Tech Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: N00014-76-C-0150
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 28 1979 12:00AM