VIBRATIONS OF CONCRETE STRUCTURES
This volume includes the papers presented at the symposium in October 1977. The papers cover the various aspects of vibrations of concrete structures and include the complexity of vibrations, structural problems, human responses, their evaluation, elimination and code provisions. The individual papers are: Introduction and Background Vibrations of Concrete Structures; Deflection Requirements-History and Background Related to Vibrations; Development of Model Performance criteria for Deflection of Concrete Floors; Vibration Criteria for Long-Span Concrete Floors; Dynamic Characteristics of Reinforced Concrete Buildings; Estimation of the Dynamic Stressing of Floors and other Structural Parts of Buildings due to Shocks and Blasting-Determination of Stresses By Measurement of the Vibration Velocity; Frequency Matching in Continuous Post-Tensioned Concrete Highway Bridges; Some Observations on the Dynamic Sway Characteristics of Concrete Structures; Dynamic Response of a Noncomposite Metal Deck Floor System; Concrete Structures and Construction Vibrations; Predictions of Damage to Low-Rise Buildings due to Ground Vibrations Created by Blastings; Vibration Performance of Industrial Structures; Bibliography on Vibrations of Concrete Structures.
Detroit, MI United States 48219
- Publication Date: 1979
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 300 p.
- TRT Terms: Building codes; Concrete structures; Deflection; Dynamics; Floors; Forecasting; Human factors; Loss and damage; Mathematical models; Performance; Presplitting (Blasting); Reinforced concrete; Shock (Mechanics); Stresses; Vibration
- Uncontrolled Terms: Dynamic characteristics; Models; Stressing
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Highways; Law; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00197108
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Publ SP-60
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 29 1979 12:00AM