LET'S UP-DATE MARINE GEAR TOOTH BENDING STRESS CALCULATIONS
Presents a method of applying the AGMA Fundamental Bending stress Formula to marine propulsion gear teeth. It includes geometry factor curves for commonly used tooth forms, guidance on overload and load distribution factors, and suggested allowable design stress levels.
- Paper for meeting October 8-12, 1972.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Thoma, F A
- Publication Date: 1972-10
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 41 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Gear teeth; Gears; Hardness; Stresses; Turbines; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Gear design; Gear hardness; Gear tooth loading; Gear tooth stress; Turbine gear design
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00044601
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Pap n 72-PTG-39
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 15 1973 12:00AM