GUIDELINES AND RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THE SAFE MOORING OF LARGE SHIPS AT PIERS AND SEA ISLANDS, 1978
In an attempt to achieve a uniform approach to the problem involving safe mooring of tankers (primarily VLCCs), the following are covered in this book: Good mooring principles; guidelines for berth layouts; guidelines for shipboard mooring equipment layout; the selection of standard environmental conditions on which to base the calculation of numbers of winch lines; prediction of wind and current loads on VLCCs; shipboard mooring equipment as related to piers/sea islands; calculation procedures for determining numbers of mooring lines to install aboard ship; shore augmentation of ship mooring lines; mooring systems management. This section will discuss the co-operative attitude which is desirable for the safe mooring of large ships and include actions which are ship controlled and those that are shore controlled.
Witherby (HF & G) Limited5 Plantain Place, Croby Row
London SE1 1YN, England
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 88 p.
- TRT Terms: Docking; Dynamic loads; Mooring; Mooring cables; Moorings; Offshore terminals; Petroleum; Petroleum terminals; Tankers; VLCC ports
- Old TRIS Terms: Tanker moorings
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00197042
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 15 1979 12:00AM