REFERENCE BOOK ON FREIGHT CAR REPAIRS
This reference book presents the basic dimensions and weights of freight car parts, standards for consumption of materials, tolerances used in various types of repairs; the defects commonly encountered in freight cars, and methods for their elimination. The third edition of the reference book has been revised to include new types of cars introduced on the railroads and changes which have occurred in the official instructions, rules, and state standards. The reference book is intended for foreman, crew chiefs, and other engineering and technical workers involved in the maintenance of railroad cars. The chapters in the reference book are: (1) Basic characteristics of cars, (2) General information on the maintenance and repair of cars, (3) Wheel pairs, (4) Axle boxes with friction bearings, (5) Axle boxes with roller bearings, (6) Coils and springs, (7) Trucks, (8) Coupler devices, (9) Automatic brakes, (10) Car frames, (11) Car bodies, (12) Electric welding during car repair, (13) Car painting, (14) Containers, (15) Saw-timber used in car repairs, (16) Metal products used in the repair of cars, (17) Basic requirements for cars in operation, and appendices.
- Partial translation available for reference. Contact Technology Planning Officer, FRA, Office of Research and Development.
Transport Publishing HouseBasmannyi Tupik 6A
Moscow B-174, USSR
- Publication Date: 1970
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 464 p.
- TRT Terms: Air brakes; Couplers; Freight cars; Journal bearings; Maintenance practices; Motor vehicle bodies; Railroad cars; Railroads; Repairing; Spring; Trucks; Vehicle design; Vehicle maintenance; Wheels; Wheelsets (Railroads)
- Geographic Terms: Former Soviet Union
- Old TRIS Terms: Car body; Freight car components; Freight car design; Freight car maintenance; Freight car repairs
- Subject Areas: Design; Maintenance and Preservation; Motor Carriers; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00196993
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 28 1979 12:00AM