A MULTIPURPOSE TRAIN PERFORMANCE CALCULATOR: USER'S MANUAL
This manual documents a Train Performance Calculator (TPC) program which simulates the operation of a passenger train over a rail route. The Input for the program is the track data for the route, the characteristics of the locomotive, the type and number of cars, and the number of passengers. The output from the TPC is in the form of tables showing speed, time, and fuel used: and in the form of graphs showing speed, time, and fuel used versus distance traveled. The TPC has been in use for two years to study the energy intensity of Amtrak trains in the New York to Buffalo Corridor.
Union CollegeEE/CS Department
Schenectady, NY United States 12308
Federal Railroad Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Heilman, H
- Kahrs, C
- WILLIAMS, G
- Publication Date: 1978-12
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 81 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Corridors; Energy consumption; Manuals; Passenger trains; Train operations
- Old TRIS Terms: Train performance calculator
- Subject Areas: Energy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00196990
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/ORD-79/17.I Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-8027
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 28 1979 12:00AM