SYSTEMS ENGINEERING FOR INTERMODAL FREIGHT SYSTEMS. PHASE I-EXPLORATORY PLANNING--VOLUME III-TASK RESULTS; APPENDICES
One of five reports documenting the results of a study entitled "Systems Engineering for Intermodal Freight Systems-Phase I, Exploratory Planning" sponsored by the Federal Railroad Administration. Volume III is comprised of three sections which constitute a statistical appendix to the Study Team's Phase I analysis report. The sections contain the detailed computer listings for all computer simulations of alternatives to the present intermodal system which were carried out as a part of the task entitled: Evaluation, Selection, and Recommendation of Alternatives. Part 1 contains those listings which deal with the analysis of trailer terminal alternatives, Part 2 with container terminal alternatives and Part 3 with line-haul and pickup/delivery alternatives. Each part is indexed on the rear cover of this volume.
Kearney (AT) and Company, Incorporated100 South Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL USA 60606
Washington, DC USA 20590
Whitten (Herbert O) and AssociatesAnnandale, VA USA
General Motors CorporationWarren, MI USA 48090
- Publication Date: 1978-8
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 1510 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Costs; Documents; Intermodal terminals; Intermodal transportation; Line haul; Piggyback transportation; Simulation; Statistics; Terminal operations
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis; Documentation
- Old TRIS Terms: Analytical techniques; Intermodal operations
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Finance; Freight Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00196982
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/ORD-78.24. III Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-748-4336
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 28 1979 12:00AM