THE DEMAND FOR CHEMICAL CARRIERS
This study looks at the recent history of specialty tanker vessels used to carry specialty chemical products. This market is about to be seriously affected by new IMCO safety codes for carriage of dangerous chemicals by sea and by new actions of the U.S. government which gives the U.S. the right to lay down new and rigid regulations for both domestic and foreign vessels trading in and out of U.S. Ports. The present and future known plans of the major owners in the four chemical tanker categories (parcel tankers, small stainless tankers, small non-stainless tankers and liquefied gas tankers) are reviewed in the perspective of the development of the world fleets. This is supplemented by analyses of the patterns of trade for a number of the major products carried by the chemical tanker fleet. The technical properties and main end uses for stable chemical cargoes are also outlined in the Appendix.
- Study #12 in a series.
Drewry (HP) (Shipping Consultants) LimitedPalladium House, 1-4 Argyll Street
London W1V 1AD, England
- Publication Date: 1973-2
- Pagination: 49 p.
- TRT Terms: Chemical tankers; Chemicals; Economic forecasting; Economics; Shipping
- Old TRIS Terms: Chemical cargo; Shipping economics; Shipping forecasts
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00044572
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Drewry (HP) (Shipping Consultants) Limited
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 16 1973 12:00AM