NATIONAL FORUM ON "TRANSPORTATION DATA SYSTEMS"
The purpose of this Forum was to provide an awareness and a knowledge of the programs and events that are leading to the modernization of transportation administrative systems. The proceedings contain: (1) TDCC President's report; (2) TDCC--The Industry Catalyst; (3) Data Systems Impact on Railroads; (4) Shipper/Carrier Systems--A Concept for the Future; (5) Motor Carriers Computer Data Systems; (6) Luncheon Address; (7) Computerization in Sea-Land's Container System; (8) Airline Cargo Data System; (9) Forwarders Data Systems; (10) Intermodal Data Systems; (11) Facilitation of Shipper/Carrier Systems; (12) The FCC Forward Look; (13) Transportation Commodity Descriptions and Codes; (14) International Commodity Description and Coding; (15) Commodity Coding Activity; (16) Computerization, Data Transmission and Air Cargo Transportation; (17) Business Payments Systems to coordinate Manual and Automatic Data Processing with Electronic Fund Transfer; (18) Freight Payment Data Systems; (19) Bank Freight Payment Systems; (20) Freight Payment Systems; and (21) Summary Statement.
- Fourth National Forum, Addresses and Reports presented at the Presidential Ballroom, Statler Hilton Hotel, Washington, D.C., December 5-6, 1972.
Transportation Data Coordinating CommitteeSuite 309, 1101 17th Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20036
- Publication Date: 1972
- Pagination: 57 p.
- TRT Terms: Carriers; Information systems; Intermodal transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Forwarders information systems; Intermodal information systems; Motor carrier information systems; Transportation data coordinating committee
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00044555
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Data Coordinating Committee
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 15 1974 12:00AM