NATIONAL TRANSPORTATION POLICIES THROUGH THE YEAR 2000
This report analyzes and forecasts passenger and freight transportation needs for both domestic and international markets. Based on these analyses and in compliance with Public Law 94-280 (1976), 80 policy recommendations are made; 33 of these are summarized in the accompanying Executive Summary. The chapters: Transportation functions, Institutions and activity in the U.S. Federal transportation policy and programs; State and local transportation policies and programs; General social and economic forecasts to the year 2000; Comparative transportation policies in other countries; Technological trends in transportation and communications; Transportation and Externalities; Transportation and energy; Forecasts of future transportation activity; Capital requirements for the transportation forecasts; The relative price of transportation to the year 2000; Emerging transportation issues; Policy recommendations; Impacts of the policy recommendations; Staging policy changes; Summary and conclusions.
National Transportation Policy Study Commission2000 M Street, NW, Suite 3000
Washington, DC USA 20036
- Publication Date: 1979-6
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 527 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Capital; Capital investments; Competition; Demand; Deregulation; Domestic; Energy; Energy consumption; Federal government; Federal laws; Forecasting; Freight traffic; Freight transportation; Government funding; Highway capacity; Passenger transportation; Passengers; Policy; Policy making; Recommendations; Regulation; Regulations; Statistical analysis; Statistics; Traffic forecasting; Transportation; Transportation modes; Transportation policy; Travel demand
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo transportation; Energy demand; Federal regulations; Government policies; Government regulations; National transportation policies; Traffic analysis (Freight); Transport policies/national; Transportation capacity; Transportation statistics
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Energy; Law; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00196571
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 15 1981 12:00AM