SHAFT ALIGNMENT METHODS WITH STRAIN GAGES AND LOAD CELLS
Methods of aligning propulsion shafting using load cells for direct bearing reaction measurement and procedures for shafting alignment by measurement of shaft bending moments with strain gages are presented. Additionally a unique means of measuring reduction gear and stern tube bearing reactions is described.
- Presented to the Pacific Northwest Section of SNAME, October 14, 1978.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- Grant, R B
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 22 p.
- TRT Terms: Alignment; Bearing capacity; Bending moments; Reduction gears; Shafts (Machinery); Strain gages
- Old TRIS Terms: Bearing loads; Shaft alignment; Stern tube bearings
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00196568
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 15 1979 12:00AM