A DESIGN PRIMER FOR FIREBOATS
The paper describes the many requirements of waterfront firefighting and how these requirements have been implemented in fireboats and similar service craft. The emphasis of the paper is on craft intended for service in rivers and harbors rather than the offshore industry. Owners requirements for the ultimate weapon are severely limited by less than "military" budgets. As a result, the designer must seek unique methods of accomplishing his goal. Many traditional as well as unique systems are surveyed and evaluated in this paper.
- Presented before the New England Section of SNAME, December 1, 1978.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ USA 07306-2907
- Koopman, J F
- Publication Date: 1978-12
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 28 p.
- TRT Terms: Fire boats; Fire fighting equipment; Operating costs; Ships; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship design
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00196549
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 15 1979 12:00AM