THE THIRD GENERATION DEEP SEA RO/RO
The deep sea, Ro/Ro vessel "Boogabilla" which was contracted by Transatlantic Reederi for Scan Carriers was successfully completed by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd. in the middle of August, 1978. The ship has several revolutionary itmes for this type of vessel such as a large bore, slow speed diesel engine, three parallel trafficways and a jumbo angled stern ramp. In the paper, the particular points, general arrangements including machinery spaces, optimization of hull form and propeller, structural design, safety measures, noise control, etc. which required special investigations are presented.
- For presentation before the New York Metropolitan Section of SNAME, September 19, 1978.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- Ando, H
- Miura, A
- NAMBA, S
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 62 p.
- TRT Terms: Cargo handling; Cargo handling equipment; Noise control; Roll on roll off ships; Safety equipment; Ships; Structural design; Vibration
- Old TRIS Terms: General arrangement plans; Ship descriptions (Ro/ro); Slow speed diesels; Stern ramps
- Subject Areas: Design; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00196546
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 15 1979 12:00AM