AIRPORT PLANNING MANUAL. PART 1 MASTER PLANNING
This manual consists of 4 principal sections. The section on airport planning outlines the planning process and the important factors in an airport master plan. It explains the importance of consultation and cooperative planning and the need to develop a systematic approach to determining future airport requirements. The purpose and objectives of an airport master plan are described, and guidance is provided as to how the master plan should be used. Section 2 outlines the factors to be considered in air side development. Runways and taxiways are considered. The determination of the dimensional criteria, pavement strength and airfield capacity and configuration are considered as well as their elements. Such as the apron the navigational and traffic control aids. Section 3 provides specific guidelines from airport areas to which the non-travelling public has free access, as well as the non-public portions of airline operations and cargo facilities, airport administration and government facilities. The major elements of land side development include the passenger building, cargo facilities, and ground transport and vehicle circulation and parking. Special purpose buildings necessary to support the operation of an airport are considered in Section 4.
- Direct requests to the Distribution Officer.
International Civil Aviation OrganizationAttn: Document Sales Unit, 999 University Street
Montreal, PQ Canada H3C 5H7
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References;
- Pagination: 175 p.
- TRT Terms: Air traffic control; Airport operations; Airport planning; Airport runways; Airports; Baggage; Baggage handling; Capital costs; Design; Finance; Forecasting; Manuals; Passenger terminals; Revenues; Security; Structural design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Airport design; Airport security; Site investigation
- Old TRIS Terms: Airport forecasts; Airside design and operations; Aprons; Landside design and operations
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Design; Finance; Operations and Traffic Management; Pavements; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Security and Emergencies; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00196493
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOC-9184-AN/902
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 28 1981 12:00AM