AIRPORT ECONOMIC PLANNING
The book collates in a systematic manner both published and unpublished work relevant to airport economics and finance. The selections attempt to provide a balance between the theorectical and practical aspects of the subject. Following the general course of economic and financial planning, the contents are organized in a sequential manner proceeding from the determination of demand, the translation of demand into airport facility requirements, to revenue generation, cost accounting and control, to financing and the consideration of economic and environmental costs and benefits. Editorial notes are provided to highlight some of the differences in points of view expressed by individual authors and to provide continuity between chapters.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology Press55 Haywood Street
Cambridge, MA United States 02142-1493
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 638 p.
- TRT Terms: Air cargo; Air traffic; Airport operations; Airport planning; Airports; Benefit cost analysis; Finance; Forecasting; Investments; Pricing; Revenues
- Old TRIS Terms: Air traffic forecasts; Airport forecasts
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Economics; Finance; Freight Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00196488
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 28 1979 12:00AM