ARCTIC PETRO-CARRIERS PROJECT
The transportation of natural resources from the Canadian Arctic Islands to mainland markets is being investigated by a consortium comprising the companies of Petro-Canada, the Alberta Gas Trunk Line and Melville Shipping Ltd. Since the start of the Arctic Petro-Carriers Project in early 1977, research and development work has been directed towards combining known icebreaker designs and LNG containment technology. This paper describes the main components of a computer simulation program for assessing the performance of proposed designs in ice on a year round basis. The main specifications of design loads, containment and propulsion systems of the two Arctic Class 7 designs developed for this service are outlined and discussed. Order from BSRA as No. 51,077.
- Gastech 78. Proceedings of the 6th International LNG/LPG Conference & Exhibition, Monte Carlo Nov 7-10, 1978, Volume 1, Session 1, Paper No. 4(B).
Gastech Exhibitions Limited,
- Bell, M H
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Cargo ships; Cold weather; Containing equipment; Icebreakers; Icebreaking; Liquefied gases; Liquefied natural gas; Liquefied petroleum gas; Simulation; Tankers; Vehicle design
- Geographic Terms: Arctic Regions
- Old TRIS Terms: Arctic transportation; Lng containment systems
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00196481
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 15 1979 12:00AM