ADVANCED COUPLING CONCEPTS PROJECT-PHASE I 1/2 REPORT INCLUDING GENERAL ECONOMIC MODEL
This report describes the General Economic Model for evaluation of Advanced Coupling Concepts/Systems. Procedures for data collection and summaries of the pilot data on hand are described, for each of the benefit areas. The data is used for sensitivity analysis to test data requirements and to rank the potential for benefits from each area. Selected systems are tested for economic benefits and potential implementation and preliminary conclusions are described.
Chicago, IL United States 60616
- Punwani, S K
- Eshelman, L
- Publication Date: 1977-11-1
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 350 p.
- TRT Terms: Benefit cost analysis; Car operations (Railroads); Car utilization (Railroads); Couplers; Economic analysis; Electric circuits; Fasteners; Freight cars; Productivity; Technological forecasting; Vehicle components; Vehicle maintenance
- Uncontrolled Terms: Performance analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic couplers; Car cycles; Connectors; Freight car maintenance; Trainlines
- Subject Areas: Economics; Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00196455
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: AAR R-285 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: S-401
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1979 12:00AM