TECHNICAL DOCUMENTATION. TRAIN OPERATIONS SIMULATOR
This report represents the technical manual documentation for the Train Operations Simulator (T.O.S.) program. Brief descriptions of the program's subroutines, basic theory, and a sample problem illustrating the program's use are included. The T.O.S. is designed to simulate the performance of a train composed of diesel-electric locomotives and conventional freight cars. Its calculated performance parameters include speed and distance (as a function of time), drawbar forces, and quasi-static L/V ratios.
Chicago, IL USA 60616
- Low, E M
- Garg, V K
- Publication Date: 1977-8
- Pagination: 106 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Couplers; Derailments; Documents; Force; Freight trains; L/V ratio; Railroad simulators; Scheduling; Tonnage ratings; Train operations
- Uncontrolled Terms: Documentation
- Old TRIS Terms: Slack action; Train performance
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00196451
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: AAR R-269
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1979 12:00AM