PERSPECTIVES ON AIRPORT ENVIRONMENTAL COMPATIBILITY
The proceedings of the conference express the increasing awareness of the relationship between man and his environment, and the establishment of laws and regulations intended to protect and enhance the environment. It was noted at the conference that a key subject of concern to airport operators is the cost impact of environmental regulations. The papers addressed this subject from the practical perspective of environmental assessment of airport projects as well as the broader environmental policy perspective. What effect environmental regulations will have on the prognosis for future airport development and the nature of regulations that will govern the preparation and processing of U.S. federal environmental impact statements were aspects of the airport environmental area that were treated in depth by many speakers. Environmental impact statement adequacy and strategies for achieving compatible land use around airports were also major topics.
- Proceedings of the 1978 Airport Operators Council International Economic/Environmental Specialty Conference, March 2-3, 1978, Miami, Florida.
Airport Operators Council International1700 K Street, NW, Suite 602
Washington, DC USA 20006
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 241 p.
- TRT Terms: Airports; Costs; Environment; Environmental impact statements; Laws and legislation; Regulations
- Old TRIS Terms: Airport environment impact; Environmental legislation
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Environment; Finance; Law; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00196435
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 28 1979 12:00AM