PAVEMENT FAILURE EVALUATION AND CORRECTIONS IN THAILAND
Thailand is located in the tropical zone with an abundant rainfall so the moisture content in soil and pavement is the most influential factor to cause failures of pavements. This report states different types of failures commonly occur in surface, base, sub-base and subgrade. The major problem ordinary arises from an excess moisture in the pavement layers. Thus the pavement drainage is highly recommended. Even though the corrections mentioned in this report can be used as a general rule, considerable variation may be found therefore it is important that the more exact analysis be made before the conclusions are drawn. /Author/
- This paper was presented at the Eighth IRF World Meeting, October 16-21, 1977, Tokyo, Japan.
Thailand Department of HighwaysBangkok 4, Thailand
- Rananand, N
- Publication Date: 1978-6
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 19 p.
- TRT Terms: Defects; Evaluation; Moisture content; Pavement distress; Pavement maintenance; Pavement performance; Pavements; Subgrade (Pavements); Tropics
- Subject Areas: Highways; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00196434
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Report MR 35
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 17 1979 12:00AM