BUREAU OF MINES RESEARCH 1972. A SUMMARY OF SIGNIFICANT RESULTS IN MINING, METALLURGY, AND ENERGY
The Bureau of Mines research and development program is comprised essentially of projects on the extraction, processing, use, reuse, and disposal of minerals and mineral fuels. Scientific and engineering efforts are directed to the development of processes that will provide essential minerals without destruction or impairment of the environment and at minimal hazard to the health and safety of workers in the metal, nonmetal, and coal-producing industries. The research is carried out in the Bureau's 19 research centers and laboratories located throughout the United States and through contracts with industry, universities, and State agencies.
- The announcement for this special report appeared in the Bureau of Mines--New Publications, March 1973, Monthly List 695.
Bureau of MinesCollege Park Research Center
College Park, MD United States 20742
- Publication Date: 1973
- Pagination: 82 p.
- TRT Terms: Freight transportation; Mineral resources; Minerals
- Old TRIS Terms: Mineral traffic
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Geotechnology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00044516
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Bureau of Mines
- Report/Paper Numbers: SP 1-73
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 15 1973 12:00AM