ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY SHIPBUILDING. ESTIMATION OF THE ERRORS IN DEFINING A POINT AND DISTANCE IN SPACE USING THE BRITCHECK SYSTEM
This report derives the theoretical accuracy to which a point in space, and the distance between two such points can be calculated assuming inherent inaccuracies in the basic measured parameters equal to those specified for the "britcheck" measuring system. General rules are formulated to ensure that the inherent accuracy of the system is not degraded by incorrect siting of the measuring system relative to the structure to be measured.
British Ship Research AssociationWallend Research Station
- Hine, G
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 17 p.
- TRT Terms: Hulls; Measuring instruments; Shipbuilding
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull assembly; Hull construction; Hull geometry
- Subject Areas: Construction; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00196350
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: NS476
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 15 1979 12:00AM