PRESENT AND FUTURE AUTOKON
The history of development and the use of "NC"-systems at the "Aker Group" in Norway are briefly reviewed. The "Autokon 76" system, now in use in 50-60 yards in Europe and the United States, is then described. The system can be regarded as a "drawing generator" but also produces "NC" information, material lists, weight calculations etc. The main functions of the system and the norms used are discussed. Current developments are dealt with, limitations of batch systems, availability of information, information consistency, the change oriented product model, and user communication. Order from NSFI as No. 17160.
- Preparing for the Eighties. Reprinted Papers, 4th Kongsberg Shipbuilding Symposium, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, May 9-11, 1978.
Kongsberg Vapenfabrikk A/S3600 Kongsberg, Norway
- Mack, J F
- Jakobsen, K
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 17 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer aided design; Computers; Naval architecture; Numerical control; Productivity; Shipbuilding; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship design
- Old TRIS Terms: Numerical control systems
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00196260
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper No. 13
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 15 1979 12:00AM