HIGH SPEED PORTABLE GRINDING SAFETY
The paper reviews the findings of an investigation into the hazards, safeguards and regulations related to high speed portable grinding. The purpose being to expose the hazard and find better safety procedures and devices. These, together with the government and industrial regulations, are combined to provide safer grinder operation. The paper concludes with a discussion of the safeguards and safety precautions of grinder operation and shows that they will significantly lower the number of grinding related accidents. Order from NSFI as No. 17168.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- MCDONALD, J F
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Failure analysis; Hazard evaluation; Regulations; Safety; Safety equipment; Shipyards
- Old TRIS Terms: Shipyard safety
- Subject Areas: Law; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00196250
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: ASME 77-RC-5
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 15 1979 12:00AM