THE INTERRELATIONSHIP BETWEEN MEN, MONEY, MACHINES AND MATERIALS
The paper presents some thoughts on the interrelationship between men, money, machines and materials, with particular reference to the experience gained at "Burmeister & Wain" in their production of series of ships of 52,000 and 60,000 DWT. Future developments are considered, and it is concluded that the natural interrelationship between the four factors is about to be destroyed because of politics, social considerations, exchange rates, defence strategy and national pride. Order from NSFI as No. 17084.
- Paper presented at Seascape 78, Shipbuilding Management for the 1980's, held April 1978.
North East Coast Inst of Engineers & ShipbuildersBolbec Hall, Westgate Road
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
- SVERDRUP, C F
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Economic analysis; Economics; Human machine systems; Productivity; Series production; Shipbuilding; Shipbuilding materials; Shipyards
- Old TRIS Terms: Man machine communications
- Subject Areas: Economics; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00196218
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper No. 1
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 15 1979 12:00AM