IN THE WAKE OF THE ARGO MERCHANT: PROCEEDINGS OF A SYMPOSIUM
The effects of the 1976 Argo Merchant spill in the Nantucket Shoals are documented with respect to the spill's physical and chemical behavior, biological impact on marine life, and effect on Cape Cod socioeconomics. Models to predict spill transport and hydrocarbon analysis techniques are featured.
- Symposium held in Kingston, R.I. January 11-13, 1978.
University of Rhode Island, KingstonCenter for Ocean Management
Kingston, RI USA 02881
- Publication Date: 1978-8
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 183 p.
- TRT Terms: Chemical analysis; Environmental impacts; Impacts; Microorganisms; Oil spills; Oils; Simulation
- Old TRIS Terms: Biological effects (Oil); Oil analysis; Oil spill behavior; Oil spill impact
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00196210
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Pollution Abstracts
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 15 1979 12:00AM