THE ECONOMICS OF FREIGHT CAR SUPPLY
The historical and legal, as well as the economic aspects of freight car supply, are examined. The chapters: Measurement of the adequacy and efficiency of the freight car fleet; Interline car movement and owner compensation; Private and public controls on the size and allocation of the freight car fleet; Proposed solutions to the problem of freight car supply; An optimum fleet and its optimum utilization; A system of freight car rental markets; Measurement of the potential gains from the institution of freight car rental markets.
University of Nebraska Press901 North 17th Street
Lincoln, NE USA 68588
- Felton, J R
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 116 p.
- TRT Terms: Car ownership (Railroads); Car service rules; Car supply (Railroads); Car utilization (Railroads); Carpools; Contract rates; Fleet management; Mergers; Planning; Regulations; Traffic managers
- Identifier Terms: U.S. Interstate Commerce Commission
- Uncontrolled Terms: Per diem; Shippers
- Old TRIS Terms: Car supply; Fleet planning; Government regulations
- Subject Areas: Economics; Law; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00196109
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1979 12:00AM