DECISIONS FOR FUTURE TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS AND SERVICES IN ARIZONA. A STATEWIDE TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS PLAN
The Arizona Department of Transportation and the State Transportation Board have established an ongoing and cooperative transportation planning process which allows for the systematic analysis of future needs, issues and options, the development of recommended strategies, policies and plans, the development of capital programs which lead to implementation, and finally, the continuing evaluation of the effectiveness of implementation. This report summarizes the issue related conclusions and recommendations which result from the planning process. The State's growth as well as its social and physical characteristics are discussed. The impacts of anticipated growth and development on transportation services are assessed. The state's planning process is briefly reviewed. Plans for specific transportation system components including highways, airports, railroads, transit, bicycles, and pipelines are outlined. The implications of the plans and their implementation on Arizona's future transportation system and services are discussed in detail. The various actions which will be initiated by ADOT to assure implementation are summarized.
Phoenix, AZ United States 85007
- Publication Date: 1979-1
- Features: Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 95 p.
- TRT Terms: Airport planning; Impact studies; Regional planning; States; Transportation planning; Transportation policy
- Geographic Terms: Arizona
- Old TRIS Terms: State planning
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Policy;
- Accession Number: 00196084
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Arizona Department of Transportation
- Report/Paper Numbers: M-79-1
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jul 31 1979 12:00AM