URBAN TRANSPORT DEVELOPMENT: PROSPECTS FOR IMPLEMENTATION
The record of the nation's cities in implementing plans for significant changes in their public transportation systems is strikingly poor. However, there is substantial evidence to suggest that all the important pieces necessary for major programs are available. This paper covers forces of change in urban transport development--sources of financing, institutional arrangements and their impact on decisionmaking; also discussed in urban transportation technology--options for the future, and transit implementation projects in cities.
- This paper was presented at the Society of Automotive Engineers Meeting, April 10-12, 1972.
American Association for Automotive Engineers2 Pennsylvania Plaza
New York, NY United States 1001
- Hamilton, C W
- Publication Date: 1972
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Commuter service; Rapid transit
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00044493
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper 720363
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 15 1973 12:00AM