THE JET MAKERS. THE AEROSPACE INDUSTRY FROM 1945 TO 1972
This volume presents the history of the American aerospace industry from World War II to 1972, with emphasis on the jet aircraft industry. It covers such aspects as the advent of global transportation and aerodynamics; the development of jets and missiles; the controlling influence of national military strategy; the US Air Force and other government markets; the mechanics of government procurement-bidding, pricing, buying; difficulties in the commercial airlines business; the ordering of technology and the prevailing "design or die" philosophy and different systems of production through the years.
Regents Press of Kansas366 Watson Library
Lawrence, KS United States 66045
- Bright, C D
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: Figures; Photos;
- Pagination: 228 p.
- TRT Terms: Aerospace industry; Aircraft industry; Economics; History
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Economics; History; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00196052
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Regents Press of Kansas
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1979 12:00AM