MODERN PERMANENT WAY
Heavier loads, higher speeds, and a greater concern for safety are creating a greater emphasis on railroad track structure. Yet the number of current books on railroad track is indeed small. This book is an attempt to present a modern treatment of track and its components in the English language. Although the author it associated with the Indian Railways, the book is pertinent to American practice, and contains many references to specific American practices. The book covers rails, ties, fasteners, ballast, soils, track assembly, track maintenance and track modernization. It also covers concrete ties, welded rail, and high speed track.
Somaiya Publications PVT LimitedBombay-14, India
- Srinivasan, M
- Publication Date: 1969
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 555 p.
- TRT Terms: Ballast (Railroads); Concrete; Concrete ties; Derailments; Engineering; High speed track; Maintenance of way; Rail (Railroads); Railroad ties; Railroad tracks; Safety; Soil mechanics; Welded rail
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ballast
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00044490
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 15 1976 12:00AM