CRANE WITH TV
Aquila Favco Cranes Ltd. of Australia has developed a specialized crane for waterfront work in small to medium sized ports. The crane is diesel hydraulic powered and has closed-circuit television. The crane is designed to seek out awkwardly placed cargo which cannot be easily reached because of the structure of a ship. It can also claim and extract a particular container which might have to wait its turn if lifted by conventional container cranes, the maker says. The crane has a 30-ton lift for containers and a 40-ton lift for slung cargo, and can be operated as a rail-mounted unit or from fixed positions.
- When ordering from Reader Service Computer Center request item No. 208.
Communication Channels, Incorporated6151 Powers Ferry Road, N.W.
Atlanta, GA USA 30339-2941
- Publication Date: 1979-3
- Pagination: n.p.
- CONTAINER NEWS
- Volume: 14
- Issue Number: 3
- TRT Terms: Cargo handling; Cargo handling equipment; Closed circuit television; Container handling; Containers; Cranes; Hydraulic equipment; Lifting equipment
- Old TRIS Terms: Hydraulic cranes
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00189909
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Communication Channels, Incorporated
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 25 1979 12:00AM