A Kocks container/heavy lift crane being installed at the Port of Philadelphia is the first of its kind in the world, the company says. The unit will be capable of handling 35 containers per hour and in addition, by separate trolley, lift 375 tons from any ship capable of navigating the Panama Canal. The crane, to become operational this spring, has the same features as the four existing Kocks cranes at the port and also has specially designed storm brakes and capability for future automation of the operator's controls.
- When ordering from Reader Service Computer Center request item No. 234.
Communication Channels, Incorporated6151 Powers Ferry Road, N.W.
Atlanta, GA United States 30339-2941
- Publication Date: 1979-3
- Pagination: n.p.
- CONTAINER NEWS
- Volume: 14
- Issue Number: 3
- TRT Terms: Cargo handling; Cargo handling equipment; Container handling; Containers; Cranes; Lifting equipment
- Old TRIS Terms: Heavy lift cranes
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00189905
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Communication Channels, Incorporated
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 25 1979 12:00AM