LARGEST RO/RO RAMP
MacGregor, manufacturer of cargo transfer and access equipment, claims to have supplied the world's largest stern ramp for the first of two Nedlloyd Line ro/ro newbuildings. The ramp was installed on the Nedlloyd Rouen, a three-deck ro/ro vessel. The ramp, identical to one to be installed on a sister ship, is 49.6 meters long, 12 meters wide at its narrowest point, and able to accommodate traffic in a three-way flow. It can hold loads of 400 tons. At the shipboard end, the ramp's carriageway opens out to span the 25-meter stern opening, which is closed by a separate stern door.
- When ordering from Reader Service Computer Center request item No. 214.
Communication Channels, Incorporated6151 Powers Ferry Road, N.W.
Atlanta, GA United States 30339-2941
- Publication Date: 1979-3
- Pagination: n.p.
- CONTAINER NEWS
- Volume: 14
- Issue Number: 3
- TRT Terms: Cargo handling; Cargo handling equipment; Ramps; Roll on roll off ships
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo ramps; Stern ramps
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00189904
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Communication Channels, Incorporated
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 25 1979 12:00AM