Nellen Kraanbouw of Rotterdam makes a wide range of cargo handling equipment, including a mobile crane and several models of container straddle carriers. The model 702 can be provided with mechanically operated spreaders for 20- and 40-foot containers. It is capable of stacking containers two-high. This model was designed for use at small container yards and stripping and stuffing operations. It can enter sheds without wide entrance doors and be used to stack containers inside. The Nellen N-250-L mobile crane is a container/general cargo unit, with lifting capacity of 80 tons at 14-meter radius and 30 tons at 30-meter radius. Nellen says the unit can convert a general-cargo berth into a multi-purpose terminal.
- When ordering from Reader Service Computer Center request item No. 222.
Communication Channels, Incorporated6151 Powers Ferry Road, N.W.
Atlanta, GA United States 30339-2941
- Publication Date: 1979-3
- Pagination: n.p.
- CONTAINER NEWS
- Volume: 14
- Issue Number: 3
- TRT Terms: Cargo handling; Cargo handling equipment; Container handling; Cranes; Lifting equipment; Mobile cranes; Spreaders; Straddle trucks
- Old TRIS Terms: Container spreaders; Straddle carriers
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00189902
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Communication Channels, Incorporated
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 25 1979 12:00AM