PACECO CONTAINER EQUIPMENT
Paceco Inc. claims credit for developing the world's first shoreside container crane in 1958. These cranes, now known as Portainers, are in use all over the world today. Paceco also developed rubber-tired and rail-mounted Transtrainers for container handling in yards. A more recent Paceco development is the Multi-Purpose crane, designed to handle containers, bulk general cargo. Company officials say it is ideal for use by both small and large ports where versatility in unloading is needed. Paceco recently delivered two 40-long-ton modified "A" MACH (Modified Automated Container Handling) Portainers to the Port of Long Beach. The units have a 115-foot outreach, 50-foot backreach and are equipped with telescopic spreaders.
- When ordering from Reader Service Computer Center request item No. 201.
Communication Channels, Incorporated6151 Powers Ferry Road, N.W.
Atlanta, GA United States 30339-2941
- Publication Date: 1979-3
- Pagination: n.p.
- CONTAINER NEWS
- Volume: 14
- Issue Number: 3
- TRT Terms: Cargo handling; Cargo handling equipment; Container handling; Containers; Cranes; Loading and unloading; Spreaders
- Old TRIS Terms: Container spreaders; Unloading systems
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00189899
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Communication Channels, Incorporated
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 25 1979 12:00AM