Valmet of Finland offers a range of cargo handling equipment, including mobile gantry cranes, straddle carriers and fork lift trucks. The rubber-tired mobile gantry cranes, suitable for use in container and rail yards, feature hydrostatic four-wheel drive. Available in 20- to 40-ton capacities, the cranes can stack containers three or four high. These cranes have four-wheel 90-degree steering for versatility and easy operation. Valmet's fork trucks are available in capacities from 10 to 40 tons. Spreaders are available in fixed-frame or expandable models, 20- to 40-feet long, in side lift or top lift modes. The company also makes 30- to 40-ton container straddle carriers.
- When ordering from Reader Service Computer Center request item No. 209.
Communication Channels, Incorporated6151 Powers Ferry Road, N.W.
Atlanta, GA United States 30339-2941
- Publication Date: 1979-3
- Pagination: n.p.
- CONTAINER NEWS
- Volume: 14
- Issue Number: 3
- TRT Terms: Cargo handling; Cargo handling equipment; Container handling; Containers; Cranes; Fork lifts; Gantry cranes; Lifting equipment; Materials management; Mobile cranes; Spreaders; Straddle trucks
- Old TRIS Terms: Container spreaders; Straddle carriers
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00189897
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Communication Channels, Incorporated
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 25 1979 12:00AM