FIFTEEN (15) PEINER UNITS
In the first six months of 1979, Peiner AG will supply 15 straddle carriers to the Ports Authority of the Kingdom of Saudia Arabia. They are all to be used in Damman for container handling. The carriers have been equipped to fit the special requirements and climate of Saudia Arabia. They feature three-high stacking, and will be equipped with telescopic spreaders allowing 20-, 30-, 35. and 40-foot containers to be handled without the spreader having to be changed. The vehicles are to be equipped with an air-cooled diesel engine and able to reach a speed of 30 kilometers per hour. Peiner also manufactures ship-to-shore container cranes and stacking cranes for rail or rubber-tired operations. The company recently supplied five stacking cranes for Bandar Shahpour, Iran.
- When ordering from Reader Service Computer Center request item No. 224.
Communication Channels, Incorporated6151 Powers Ferry Road, N.W.
Atlanta, GA USA 30339-2941
- Publication Date: 1979-3
- Pagination: n.p.
- CONTAINER NEWS
- Volume: 14
- Issue Number: 3
- TRT Terms: Cargo handling; Cargo handling equipment; Container handling; Containers; Cranes; Spreaders; Straddle trucks
- Old TRIS Terms: Container spreaders; Straddle carriers
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00189895
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Communication Channels, Incorporated
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 25 1979 12:00AM